Why Do People Use The Chamber of Commerce?
- for information
- to obtain maps, brochures, tourism ideas
- to find out what the “pulse” of the community is
- for information regarding census and other data
- to learn about the available workshops and seminars
- the Chamber is a central point of contact for information & ideas
- to learn of available properties for rent, for sale, or for lease (commercial and residential)
- for directions
- to learn about the community and the area
- to network with businesses and organizations
- as they are new to the community – for relocation information
- for information on how to start a business
- for ideas on how to improve business – discuss marketing ideas, etc.
- to obtain one of many lists maintained by the Chamber
Why You Should Be A Member of this Chamber!
- the JASPER CHAMBER recommends our members to everyone! Weekly NewsBlast to members!
- we partner with other organizations for successful programs on a variety of topics during the year.
- we server as a prelude to the Better Business Bureau – make referrals when appropriate.
- we locate tons of phone numbers – that people cannot find in the phone book/online themselves.
- the Welcome to Jasper book is re-done every few years – giving newcomers and visitors a chance to know this area – and listing all of our members twice (alphabetical and categorical)
- the same two listings on our internet home page – and a webpage site of your own!
- health screenings are offered twice a year at a nominal charge through Memorial Hospital.
- network with other business members occasionally at a Time Out From Business, an after-hours social function for members only.
- attend a variety of programs and workshops to keep up on what is “hot” and to meet your fellow chamber members – networking and connecting is critical!
- the Chamber Ambassadors call nearly all members during the year, giving members an opportunity to blow off some steam/express concerns/give positive comments.
- be part of an active Chamber of Commerce – in tune with its members and always seeking ways to improve the business climate of this area.
- take advantage of the opportunity to meet with your state elected officials 2-3 times during the legislative session (Legislative Breakfast – sponsored by the Chamber)
- attend the Annual Meeting to keep informed of Chamber activities, meet with your fellow Chamber members and hear of the President’s Award winner.
- Ribbon-cutting and ground-breaking services: we will assist you in this process! Dozens are held each year.
- attend a seminar annually on How To Start A Business and/or Marketing, etc.
- You have access to a wide array of materials, including (but not limited to) maps, directories, brochures, resource materials, internet…all at the Chamber office!
- be part of the Annual Home Expo. As a Chamber Member, you receive a booth fee discount.
- be part of Women Empowering Women – an organization geared to the needs of working women.
- whether you are active in the Chamber or not – by being a member, you are able to keep informed of what is happening in your community – being aware is so important!
All of these benefits – and more – will give your business great exposure! All of us working together can improve our own business and the quality of life in our community much better than we can individually.
Belonging to the Jasper Chamber of Commerce is an investment in your business.